Volunteers play a significant role with Youth Mental Health Canada. Some of the volunteer roles we have include:
- Event promoter and coordinator
- Social Media Admin
- Social Media Tech Support (Facebook Live)
- Fundraising Support
- Workshop Coordinator
This Volunteer Agreement is a description of the arrangement between us, Youth Mental Health Canada, and you (the volunteer) in relation to your voluntary work. The intention of this agreement is to assure you that we appreciate your volunteering with us and to indicate our commitment to do the best we can to make your volunteer experience with us a positive and rewarding one.
Part 1 Youth Mental Health Canada
We, Youth Mental Health Canada, accept the voluntary service of
Your role as a volunteer is ___________________________________________
This work is designed to ____________________________________________
We commit to the following:
- Induction and training
- To provide thorough induction on the work of Youth Mental Health Canada, its Board of Directors, YMHC members, your volunteering role and the training necessary to assist you in meeting the responsibilities of your volunteering role. The Volunteers Handbook will provide full details of the organisation.
- Supervision, support and flexibility
- To define appropriate standards of our services, to communicate them to you, and to encourage and support you to achieve and maintain them as part of your voluntary work
- To provide a personal supervisor who will meet with you regularly to discuss your volunteering and any associated problems
- To do our best to help you develop your volunteering role with us and to be flexible in how we use your volunteering.
- To reimburse the following expenses incurred by you in doing your voluntary work in accordance with the procedures set out in the Volunteers Handbook:
Travel to and from home to meetings and during your work as necessary and food expenses during meetings
- Health and safety
- To provide adequate training and feedback in support of our health and safety policy, a copy of which is in the Volunteers Handbook.
- Equal opportunities
- To ensure that all volunteers are dealt with in accordance with our equal opportunities policy, a copy of which is set out in the Volunteers Handbook.
- To endeavour to resolve in a fair and just manner any problems, grievances or difficulties which may be encountered while you volunteer with us;
- In the event of an unresolved problem, to offer an opportunity to discuss the issues in accordance with the procedures set out in the Volunteers Handbook.
Part 2 The volunteer
I, _______________, (full name in capitals), agree to be a volunteer with Youth Mental Health Canada and commit to the following:
- To help Youth Mental Health Canada fulfil its Mission Statement.
- To perform my volunteering role to the best of my ability
- To adhere to the organisation’s rules, procedures and standards, including health and safety procedures and its equal opportunities policy in relation to its Board, members, volunteers and clients.
- To maintain the confidential information of the organisation and of its clients.
- To meet the time commitments and standards undertaken, other than in exceptional circumstances, and provide reasonable notice so that alternative arrangement can be made.
- To provide referees, as agreed, who may be contacted, and to agree to a police check being carried out where necessary.
- To be provided with and follow the job description for your volunteer role
My agreed voluntary time commitment is: _____________________
This agreement is binding in honour only. It is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party
Volunteer signature _____________________________
On behalf of Youth Mental Health Canada: _______________
Volunteer role: _____________________________