Youth Mental Health Canada is Canada’s only registered, grassroots charitable organisation that is focused on international best practices in youth mental health education, support, advocacy and change and youth suicide prevention. We are currently seeking passionate volunteers with strong interpersonal, administrative and fundraising skills. These volunteers will assist us with various fundraising activities in an effort to help expand our community of youth mental health champions and youth suicide prevention advocates.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Write heartfelt thank you cards and make thank you calls to donors and event participants on behalf of Youth Mental Health Canada
- Compile sponsorship packages and develop comprehensive strategies to obtain YMHC sponsors
- Work with a fundraising team on developing comprehensive strategies for obtaining donations, sponsors, partners, grants and contributions
- Write grant applications
- Various administrative tasks
Desired Skills, Traits and Experience:
- Energetic and enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written: ability to speak multiple languages is an asset
- Punctual, organized and detail oriented
- Self starter that can work independently
- Microsoft Office and data entry experience an asset
- Lived experience of mental health and/or suicide
- One, three to four hour shift once per week/every other week depending on availability and program needs. Ideally, we would like a volunteer to commit to a three month term with potential for extension.
- Must be able to travel to YMHC’s future office and meeting space
- The Fundraising & Administrative Support Volunteer will receive training and skills related to fundraising as well as experience working in a non profit organization
- Upon request, a reference letter will be provided upon successful completion of the position
Interested? Please send an email expressing your interest to [email protected].
Please include any relevant experience and questions you may have about the volunteer position.