Work Location: home
Time Commitment: Sunday, 7 p.m., one hour set up, one hour to manage the chat, one hour after to discuss Facebook Chat
Purpose of the Position:
- To increase YMHC visibility in Canada and internationally
- To provide support to youth, families and educators on youth mental health issues
- To provide opportunities to collaborate with mental health and suicide prevention organisations and advocates
- To demonstrate the importance of lived experience of mental health and suicide and provide a forum for drawing on lived experience
- To provide opportunities to share resources, information, and support
- To build a more connected community of youth mental health and suicide prevention advocates and supporters
- Grow our YMHC fanbase straight from the chat: help grow our social media presence
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Promote YMHC Facebook Live Chats on related Facebook pages. Instagram and Twitter
- Set up equipment for Facebook Live Chat: prepare presenter
- Monitor Facebook Live Chat: handle all technical issues and manage questions and input from viewers
- Provide support to Chat presenters and Facebook viewers and participants
Qualifications: Desired Skills, Traits and Experience:
- Energetic and enthusiastic self starter: reliable
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational/tech support skills
- Time management skills
- Punctual, organized and detail oriented
- Ability to trouble shoot and problem solve when there is technical difficulty
- Lived experience of mental health and suicide and/or education and training in related fields
- One, three to four hour shift once per week depending on Facebook Live program needs and schedule. Ideally, we would like a volunteer to commit to a three month term with potential for extension.
- The Facebook Live Chat Tech Support will receive youth mental health training and will learn skills related to event execution.
- Upon request, a reference letter will be provided upon successful completion of the role
- Workshop facilitator training will be held to prepare for school year workshop requests
Interested? Please send an email expressing your interest to [email protected].
Please include any relevant experience and questions you may have about the volunteer position.