Youth Mental Health Canada is Canada’s only registered, grassroots charitable organisation that is focused on international best practices in youth mental health education, support, advocacy and change and youth suicide prevention. We are currently seeking passionate volunteers with strong interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills. These volunteers will assist us organise and plan YMHC events to help expand our community of youth mental health champions and youth suicide prevention advocates
We are currently seeking energetic event volunteers to assist with our monthly youth mental health event, Mental Health Music Bingo, as well as community based events that require volunteer support.
Tasks & Responsibilities (varies based on event):
- Promote YMHC events in local newspapers, Facebook pages, mailings, phone calls
- Represent Youth Mental Health Canada at event booths and conferences
- Solicit event prizes(door, raffle, silent auction)
- Greeting event attendees and promote YMHC
- Event registration support
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Energetic self starter
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Punctual, organized and detail oriented
- Excel and data entry experience an asset
- Event volunteers are required on an as needed basis in relation to event schedules
- Typically, event volunteers are scheduled in 4 hour shifts
- The Event Volunteer will receive training and will learn skills related to event execution
- Upon request, a reference letter will be provided upon successful completion of the role
Interested? Please send an email expressing your interest to [email protected].
Please include any relevant experience and questions you may have about the volunteer position.