- Sheryl Boswell is the Executive Director of YMHC. She is an educator and has taught elementary, secondary, post-secondary and adult education students in Canada and Africa. Sheryl is a passionate and inspiring educator and workshop facilitator. She brings a wealth of experience with people of all ages, backgrounds, learning styles and needs. For years, Sheryl, an experienced educator, workshop facilitator and writer, has been sharing her passion for education, skills development, participatory learning and community-building.
- YMHC’s director and founder is also a suicide loss survivor and child and youth mental health expert with many years of experience.
- Carol holds a Master of Social Work degree from the University of Toronto and a Bachelor of Social Work from the University of Calgary. She is a member in good standing with the Ontario College Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW). Her professional background included over ten years of clinical positions at local community organizations and hospitals. In addition to her clinical work, she teaches in the School of Social Work at Carleton University as well as works as a research assistant with CHEO and the Royal Ottawa.
- Catherine Wilson has held various roles leading and developing teams both nationally and internationally. Ms. Wilson held the role of Vice President Finance for Tommy Hilfiger, a division of PHV Corp (an $8B market cap public company traded on the NYSE). Prior to that role, she led as Vice President of Planning and Allocation North America, an integral part of the retail operations team for a decade, leading her division to exponential growth and the department through strategic business innovations. Previously, Ms. Wilson worked in both the Audit and Mergers and Acquisitions practices at Ernst & Young, LLP New York. She obtained her Masters in Accountancy from Notre Dame in 2002 and a Bachelors of Science in Finance from the Rutgers School of Business at the University of Rutgers, before obtaining her CPA from New York State. She currently has transitioned her CPA to Ontario and is in the process of acquiring her Certified Financial Planner certification in Ontario.
- Mara Dempsey is research professional with the Department of Family Medicine at McMaster University, an avid mental health volunteer, as well as a graduate of a Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) in Psychology and The Certificate of Sexual and Gender Diversity at Queen’s University. She has acquired five years of research experience, predominantly focused on psychopathology research on functional outcomes in mood disorders and psychosis, as well as research on sexuality and interpersonal relationships. She plans to complete a Masters in Psychology to provide psychological services as a Clinician, while focusing on improving mental healthcare accessibility. Mara is passionate about improving mental wellness, accessible services, and real-world outcomes for those struggling with their mental health. She is happy to contribute everything she can to support the mental health of youth alongside YMHC.
- Hi! I’m Rita, owner, graphic designer and print manager for Rita B Designs. I have over 16 years of experience in graphic design and print.
I have a passion for design, print and paper, foods of the world, travel, coffee, oh and cats, I love cats! 🙂
Before venturing into the world of freelance, I worked for printing companies both big and small in Hamilton and Toronto.
There I learned everything from working in reception, customer service, accounting, designing, pre-press, printing, finishing and delivery. I became an experienced user in Adobe Lightroom, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat, creating anything from logos, to postcards and colour correcting and retouching. In addition to design capabilities, I gained expertise in pre-press, production and finishing of various types of printing projects.
Years later, I decided to take my business on the road to travel, meet new people and get inspired! I travelled from Canada, to the US, to Europe and South East Asia for 13 months before returning to Hamilton, where I call home.
Now I dedicate my work to connecting to my community and help businesses and entrepreneurs get the designs and materials they need to thrive on an ongoing bases.
I can be found working on my lap-top in my little corner home office with a garden view, a quaint coffee shop downtown, or visiting my friends and clients in Niagara, Toronto, or anywhere in between.
I continue to grow my skills and knowledge in graphic design and I work closely with my print partners to get great quality at the best value.
- Born and raised in Italy, Romina received her degree from University of Roma La Sapienza, in Italy. She has been a practicing CPA for the past 20 years and is currently a partner in an accounting firm in Vaughan, Ontario. Romina understands the mental health challenges faced by many individuals, including addressing the needs of her 3 children (2 of whom are teenagers), today’s youth need greater attention more than ever. Romina supports the mission statement and vision of YMHC, and she is truly committed to promote numerous mental health initiatives so that today’s youth will have a prosperous tomorrow.
- Sumin is a YMHC board member and a coordinator of the infographics and translations committee. She is currently studying health sciences at Queen’s University and is passionate about the mental and physical wellbeing of individuals. She hopes that her work with YMHC will positively impact youth who are struggling with their mental health and hopes to continue advocating for mental health rights within her community.
- My name is Tracey Bazso, and I have completed education in ASL and Deaf studies, Social Service Work, BA in Religion and Theology and Social Work, as well as a graduate certificate in Addiction counselling. I have dealt with mental health challenges my whole life and have found help in learning to understand mental health. I have volunteered with YMHC since 2020.